ICDL IT Security
IT Security Module
This module sets out concepts relating to the secure use of ICT in daily life and skills used to maintain a secure network connection, use the Internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of keeping information and data secure, and identify common data/privacy protection, retention and control principles.
- Recognise threats to personal security from identity theft and potential threats to data from using cloud computing.
- Be able to use passwords and encryption to secure files and data.
- Understand the threat of malware and be able to protect a computer, device or network from
- malware and address malware attacks.
- Recognise common network and wireless security types and be able to use personal firewalls
- and personal hotspots.
- Protect a computer or device from unauthorised access and be able to safely manage and update
- Use appropriate web browser settings and understand how to authenticate websites and browse
- the web securely.
- Understand communication security issues that can arise from using e-mail, social networks,
- voice over Internet protocol, instant messaging and mobile devices.
- Back up and restore data to local and cloud storage locations and delete and dispose of data and devices securely.
Fees : RM199
Click here to view course syllabus