This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the ability to use computational thinking and coding to create simple computer programs.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to computing and the typical activities involved in creating a program.
- Understand and use computational thinking techniques like problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms to analyse a problem and develop solutions.
- Write, test and modify algorithms for a program using flowcharts and pseudocode.
- Understand key principles and terms associated with coding and the importance of well-structured and documented code.
- Understand and use programming constructs like variables, data types, and logic in a program.
- Improve efficiency and functionality by using iteration, conditional statements, procedures andfunctions, as well as events and commands in a program.
- Test and debug a program and ensure it meets requirements before release.
Fees : RM399
Click here to view course syllabus